Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Birthday Hazzard

Chocolate Cayenne Cranberry Cake with a Semi Sweet Ganache
Hi Everyone, So here I am late as usual!  I'm telling ya this "travel stuff" called my - career, gets in the way of blogging! LOL

Petit' Creme Puffs
I thought I would share with you some of the delectable delights we whipped up for John's {the hubby} birthday party.  We did forget to get a pix of the Thai Tilapia Tacos I made & the Bourbon Chicken Wraps my daughter Kate made.  Speaking of Kate she was a GOD SEND of help in the kitchen with me the night before the event.  I do believe we were up til 2 a.m. pulling together all the final strings.
There are pix of my Italian Pasta Salad, Chocolate Cayenne Cranberry Cake with a Semi Sweet Ganache,
Pound Cake with fresh raspberries, peaches and black berries.  I always use Paula Deans Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe.  Let's not forget the Petit' Creme Puffs!
Paula Deans Sour Cream Pound Cake

Fesh Raspberries, Peaches and Black Berries
John's gift this year was something he has been admiring for a while.  Our friend Mark makes his own Home Brew.  Undoubtedly the best beer we have ever - ever tasted.  Sooo, Jonathan & Kate & I went together and bought him the Mini Brew Kit.  He is thrilled.  At this very moment the "bubble bubble boil & trouble" is fermenting in its special container right now, for the first batch of Hazzard Brew.  From what I understand it will be a two week process until it is a Hazzard Brew Party!  Stay tuned for I am sure to post some brewing pix and the final product!  WE need more bottles!!   
Italian Pasta Salad

 We had about 30 friends at the house to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a lot of fun celebrating John's b-day! Hope the new brew made is the best yet! Hey, I went on facebook to and acknowledged you as the "Author" of your blog--you still need 5 more! Come on RWoP! Let's get this done! :-)

    ReplyDelete