Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fresh Clams & Spaghetti!

Hey Everybody!

Ya just have to notice the delicious dish of Clams & Spaghetti to the left side of this blog... "do you see it"? Looks yummy, huh?! Well it was simply mah-va -lous! And heres a cute story to go with those clams and the pix, followed by the recipe.

So here I am, after scrubbing the clams and steaming those little beauties to perfection, I start plating our dinner. My husband walks into the kitchen, totally bedazzled...say's WOW! Cath you need to get a photo of this for your blog! Well the steam is all up and in my face, the microwave is dinging telling me the pasta is ready and has been warmed up. I'm clanking clams out of the steamer for plate # 2 and I reply..."Babe", how bout' you grab a cloth napkin, set the place setting, get the camera, fix the lighting correctly, pose the plate at a great angle and take the pix for me. "Sure" was the reply. He was totally pleased with himself, said it was a great shot. I smiled and kissed him thanks, we enjoyed every morsel and then I downloaded his pix.


I laughed outloud...I didn't think to tell him "don t reach to the bottom of the linen drawer for our oldest wrinkled cloth napkin" Nor did I say : Honey, the fork goes on the left side of the plate with the napkin under it". Venus-Mars! I just kinda thought that after 31 years of sitting at the dinner table together an automatic reflex sets in.. reaching for the fork on the left side of your plate..that...you know..!! and maybe...he just knew that already~!~! Apparently not! : } Anyway, the place setting didnt change the flavors of this wonderful dish.

Funny huh?  Here's that recipe.

Fresh Clams & Spaghetti
Serves: Four

I have been using this fabulous recipe for Clams & Spaghetti for sometime now. All claim to this fame for Clams & Spaghetti goes to: Epicurious.com/but trust me when I tell you it is tried and truly yummy! As stated in the recipe the lots of lemon is a major player in the dish, I suggest you do not change that feature in this recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 3 pounds fresh Manila clams or small littleneck clams, scrubbed 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley 1/2 cup dry white wine 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 1 pound spaghetti

Steps:Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and sauté until light brown, about 1 minute. Add clams and 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley; stir 2 minutes. Add wine; simmer 2 minutes. Add fresh lemon juice. Cover and simmer until clams open, about 6 minutes (discard any clams that do not open). Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Add pasta to clam mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment