Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just Peachy Pecan Pie








Hi Everyone!
Lets see - Five Star Winning Pie Recipe, Great Relay Video - KRAFT Cheese product, participating in the Lea&Perrins Worcestershire Sauce Contest [2 videos submitted}, participated in Touch Of Giving KRAFT/RWOP submitted 8 minute video, then there is Thanksgiving, family and a full time Travel Agent job!  Sooo much going on, right?!  I'm right there with ya, just not enough time in each day, YET tons to share with you all.  Oh  wait -     I forgot to mention this week I will be doing a "Taste Testing" on an all new Cranberry Product "I can't wait to try it and come up with a few wonderful ways to enjoy it.  Stay tuned on the BLOG, so you can see just what I am talking about.
Oh-oh-oh..and I will share with you our pic's of Thanksgiving Feast for 13 family and friends at our house. 
I am not sure how I forgot to post my winning pie recipe on my blog but we are going to remedy that right now!  It is the Just Peachy Pecan Pie.  Totally different then anything you have tasted before.  It's just beautiful and delicious AND paid me $500.00 in the Dessert International/National category for the Real Woman Of Philadelphia.  Go to www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com   you will be astounded by the cooking talents onboard this website.
So here I am getting side tracked once again. back to the PIE.  Here's the recipe for the Award Winner!
Just Peachy Pecan Pie
One bite of this delicious-ness will have you rolling your eyes and your lips smackin. This pie brings the South to a whole new level! Cream cheese, buttery pecan taste and sweet peaches...Yumm!
  • Prep time: 10 minutes
  • Cook time: 40 minutes
  • Total time: 50 minutes
  • Servings: 6
  • 8 ounce(s) of pkg. Philly Cream Cheese - room temperature
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup(s) of Sugar
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. of Salt
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell {package brand}
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) of chopped Pecans
  • 2 tsp. of Vanilla
  • 1 cup(s) of Light Corn Syrup
  • 3 fresh Peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced {if peaches aren't in season - try mango's!}
Steps
1.         1.           Pre heat oven to 375. Place unbaked pie crust into 9 inch pie pan. Combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar and salt - beat in mixer until smooth. Now add 1 egg and 1 tsp. of the vanilla until well mixed. Pour this combination into your pie crust. Sprinkle top with all your pecans spreading evenly from edge to edge.
      2.           Combine 3 eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup of sugar and the final tsp. of vanilla. Beat well - til creamy then pour over the pecans. Now place your sliced peaches as the top layer in a fan design or flower pedal design. Place pie on a cookie sheet to avoid spillage. I suggest you cover the edges of crust with foil until the last 15-20 minutes of baking to keep from over browning. Same thing with the top of the pie if it is getting to brown in the last 15 minutes of the baking, just place lightly a piece of foil over the body of the pie, but not the edges! Bake 40-45 minutes or until pie is set. Let pie cool completely on a cooling rack. Then refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. 

P.S. HOW could I forget to tell you about my recent Philly experience.  OK...so it wasn't PHILLY per say - but it was the "Burbs" of Philly.  My best 2 friends in the entire Universe and I did a little "Best Friends Reunion" for a few days.   We always make a Hoagie or Cheesesteak stop.  This time it was at my friend Linda's favorite sandwich shop near her home.  Can I tell you...it was great! The shop is called Franklin's Classic Steak & Hoagies in Limerick, PA.  We split 1/2 of each {a hoagie and a cheese steak}.  Franklin's makes sure their sandwiches are using the very best breads "Amoroso's" .  We made sure the bread logo was in our pix.  Just had to share this Foodie moment with you all ^-^ You can Check out the Hoggie shop I went to http://www.franklinsclassic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment