Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Pecan Sticky Buns

Homemade Pecan Sticky Buns
What's warm, gooey, sweet, sticky and delicious? 
Answer: - Pecan Sticky Buns!  
Yes.  They are homemade.  There are shortcuts  to be used like     not making your dough from scratch.  I take advantage of this, always. Frozen bread dough work just as beautifully as my home-made  rise and rest and rise again version.  Use tender loving care with the slathering of melted butter, hand fulls of brown sugar, sprinkling of cinnamon  onto your rolled out dough, then roll the filled dough into a long loaf shape, slice into 1/2 inch slices and you will  have delightful pinwheels of goodness.  You place these lovelies  into the baking pan, But not until you have melted and blended together into  the hot sizzling baking pan butter and brown sugar. Bake  in the oven for a few minutes until sticky.  That's when you remove the pan from the head, and form a solid layer of pecans into the sticky brown gooeyness. Yumm!!! Let it cool a few seconds, Then begin placing your pinwheel buns into the baking pan and bake them til golden. You cant imagine just how yummy delicious these are!  Break out the coffee, and savor each bite! 
My Pecan Sticky Buns are an annual baking event for every Christmas morning.  Try them some time  you will be a huge hit!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah-ha! I found how you do what you do to make those amazing looking pecan sticky buns! I WILL be making them too. My dad LOVED sticky buns and everytime I make them I think fondly of him. I misse him he died almost 6 years ago now, but I will never forget how much he loved them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man do those look good. O YUM!!!! I want one right now. Boy Cathy do you know how to bake.!!!

    ReplyDelete